We have been working hard since the outbreak of Coronavirus to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. We want to make it possible for you to book with Causeway Campers in complete confidence. Please see below for details of recent updates, including contactless handover, hygiene system, cancellation policies and van viewings;
We understand that new customers are keen to view our vans and the space available before you travel. We are very happy to arrange an appointment for you to view a van before or after you book. For the following reasons please make an appointment before arriving to view a van:
- To save you a wasted journey we will make sure that the van you wish to view is on site. A van might be located in our storage shed off site, may be out on hire with another customer or in the process of being cleaned – so please call ahead to arrange a viewing or send us an email with the date and time you would like to visit and the van you are interested in viewing.
Booking During Coronavirus
- If your booking is directly affected by a ‘Local Lockdown’, either due to restrictions in your home area or because of a decision taken by Causeway Campers, we will transfer your booking up to 1 year in advance on a date of your choice (with no Admin Charge), this is to ensure you do not miss out on your booking. If you need to make further changes once you know the correct date, we will also provide a second amendment at no extra charge. At no stage will the balance be refundable
- To assist with social distancing, we have developed a series of instruction videos for our vans. A link to the video will be sent to you with confirmation of your booking. You will be able to watch the video before collecting the van to mitigate the traditional 45-minute handover process, and help with social distancing for our staff and customers. We will still offer the full handover process if you feel you need it.
Hygienic Cleaning System
- Since mid-April 2020 we have been successfully using a Sanity Ozone sanitisation system to sanitise the vans. The system is used as soon as the van is returned, before our staff carry out the usual deep clean, and again on a 20-minute cycle before collection. We hope this gives all of the customers the confidence that their home on wheels is a safe holiday option.
We have taken the decision to suspend hiring extra items including bedding, towels, and sleeping bags. When restrictions enforced by Covid-19 have been lifted we will review this decision.
If you are wanting to change your booking here are our Standard Terms and Conditions CANCELLATION POLICY:
- More than 45 days before pickup – £500 Non-refundable deposit is kept
- Between 45 to 19 days notice before pickup – whichever is greater either £500 or 50% of confimed rental rate.
- Between 19 to 14 days notice before pickup – 75% of confirmed rental rate.
- Less than 14 days notice before pickup – 100% of confirmed rental